Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jealous Of The Pious!

One time shaitaan came to Hazrat Nooh alaihis salaam and said, "I want to repay a favour that you did for me." Hazrat Nooh alaihis salaam said, "O rejected one, I never even let you close to me, how could I have done you any favour?"

Shaitaan said, "By asking for your disobedient nation to be drowned, you have saved me from future calamities. You have saved me the trouble of struggling for ways to make them disobedient. In return for that I want to give you some advice, that save yourselves from being jealous of pious people. I was destroyed because I was jealous of Hazrat Adam alaihis salaam, and I became the first one to enter Hell. I could not stand his excellence and his status and refused to bow in front of him and therefore became cursed and rejected." (True Narrative, Nuzhatul Majaalis)


Sometimes the enemy speaks the truth as well. Shaitaan was jealous of Hazrat Adam alaihis salaam and for this Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala rejected his worship, rejected his praises and rosaries that he had said, did not look at the fact that he had taught the Angels. The result of his jealousy at the status that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala had given Hazrat Adam alaihis salaam was that he was rejected and cursed forever. This shows us that jealousy is such a great sin that it destroys all the good that a person may have done and makes a person destined for hell. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala save us all from jealousy. Aameen

http://www.faizaneraza.org

0 comments:

Powered by Faizaneraza.org