Monday, February 2, 2009

A story of Gheerah

To further understand the quality of Gheerah, we can look at an incident that Asmaa' Radi Allahu anha the daughter of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq Radi Allahu anhu and sister of Aisha Radi Allahu anha relates about herself. Abu Bakr Radi Allahu anhu was a wealthy merchant and he married his daughter Asmaa' Radi Allahu anha to the great companion Az-Zubayr ibn al-'Awwam Radi Allahu anhu who was a very poor man but a man of great piety and one of the companions who were promised Paradise. Asmaa' Radi Allahu anharelates:
"When az-Zubayr Radi Allahu anhu married me, he had neither land nor wealth nor slave…", so Asmaa' Radi Allahu anha had to work very hard kneading dough, going far off to get water. "And I used to carry on my head," she Radi Allahu anha continues, "the date stones from the land of az-Zubair which Allah's Messenger(Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam) had endowed him and it was a distance of two miles from Madeenah. One day, as I was carrying the date-stones upon my head, I happened to meet Allah's Messenger (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam), along with a group of his Companions. He Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam called me and told the camel to sit down so that he Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam could make me ride behind him. I felt shy to go with men and I remembered az-Zubair Radi Allahu anhu and his Gheerah and he Radi Allahu anhu was a man having the most Gheerah . The Messenger of Allah ( Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam) understood my shyness and left. I came to az-Zubair Radi Allahu anhu and said: "The Messenger of Allah (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam) met me as I was carrying date-stones upon my head and there was with him a group of his Companions. He Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam told the camel to kneel so that I could mount it, but I felt shy and I remembered your Gheerah." So Asmaa' Radi Allahu anha declined the offer made by the Prophet Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam. Upon this az-Zubair Radi Allahu anhu said: "By Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, the thought of you carrying date-stones upon your head is more severe a burden on me than you riding with him(Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam)." (Bukhari)

Look at the sense of dignity and modesty of Asmaa' Radi Allahu anha! See how she Radi Allahu anha felt shy in front of men? See how careful she was about her husband's feelings? She knew that her husband had a lot of Gheerah so she didn't want to upset him by accepting the Prophet's Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam help even though the Prophet Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam was the purest of men and even though it meant bringing hardship on herself! And look at az-Zubair Radi Allahu anhu, even though he had a lot of Gheerah, he didn't want to inconvenience his wife. What a beautiful relationship they had! (SubhanAllah..)

more
http://www.faizaneraza.org

0 comments:

Powered by Faizaneraza.org